Thursday, August 16, 2012

Blog Entry #1 Writing Impressions

     My writing experiences have not been that great.  I am not a very good writer and it takes me a while to come up with ideas to write about.  I am not very confident in my writing ability.  Once I get an idea to write about I can do pretty well.  The idea is what is difficult for me.  I can handle writing assisgnments pretty well. I somehow always find a way to complete them.  Writing is not one of my most favorite things to do.

     I am excited to be using schoology and blogger in this class.  It is something I have never done before.  I think the amount of reading will be something new to me also.  I am worried about the writing portfolio because I am not a very good writer and that sounds like a big project that will greatly effect my overall grade in this class.  I am least excited about the poetry unit because I just don't like poetry at all.  I have recieved good grades in my recent years in my English classes but I feel that it is one of my weaker subjects and something I need to improve in.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for being honest, Cody. The point of this blog is to get you thinking about how the ways in which you write or prepare for writing. It sounds like you'll need to work on the pre-writing process. I'll try and give suggestions before we start our first real major writing assignment as to how you can think through your paper without just jumping into writing it.

    I hated writing papers for school early on, especially in middle school and my first few years of high school. While you may never grow to love writing, my hope is that you at least become a better writer through this class.

    Schoology is something I always try to utilize. The familiarity that students have with it thanks to Facebook is a good way to get you all excited about using it. I've never used Blogger in a class setting before, but I hope that it works out.

    The portfolio shouldn't be as scary of a process as the actual writing of papers. In essence, the portfolio is just putting together the writing that you've already completed throughout the semester and adding some reflections and explanations as to why you included them. We'll talk more about the portfolio as we go.

    Keep a positive attitude and give it your best shot this year. It'll be challenging, but that will only make you a better student!

    ReplyDelete